I am an animator who graduated with a Diploma in Animation Art from Lasalle College of the Arts. My interest is in illustration and animation for young children with a focus in the pre-production process – script, storyboarding and character design, and illustration. My style leans heavily towards the education and manga genres.
In 2018, I wrote and illustrated a picture book Turtle City: Cavity Monsters published by Kitaab International.
In 2019, I graduated with a BA in Illustration and Animation Design at Raffles Design Institute in Singapore with First-class Honours. During my study at Raffles, I have enhanced my writing skill, especially in script-writing. I am adept at using design programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effect, and Premiere Pro. Moreover, I am self-motivated in pursuing higher knowledge and to acquire rich industry experiences to strengthen my skills and portfolio.
My varied experience is shown in the gamut of projects I have worked on, from 2D animation B2B vs BFF for Google, to illustrating a children’s book An instrument for Eddie, to comic inking for Association of Comic Artists (Singapore), character, web, and app design for TTC Apps, and even teaching art and robotics at various MOE schools.
In 2020, I graduated with Distinction a MA in Design Management on a scholarship at Raffles Design Institute in Singapore.
- Indigo Silver Award in Student Artwork in Kids Category (13 April 2021)
- Indigo Bronze Award in Student Artwork in Logos Category (13 April 2021)
- Indigo Bronze Award in Student Artwork in Book Cover Design Category (13 April 2021)
- Indigo Honor Mention Award in Student Artwork in Character Design Category (13 April 2021)
- Hope short animation script is selected into Animation Festival Short Script Reading (19 February 2021) followed by an interview on 21 March 2021
- Design Management Institute Student Essay Writing Winner 2020 (6 October 2020)
- Muse Rose Gold Creative Award in Portfolio Showreel Video (18 April 2019)
- Indigo Bronze Award in Student Artwork in Storyboarding (4 April 2019)
- Indigo Honorable Mention Award in Student Artwork in Character Design (4 April 2019)
- Vega Arcturus Winner Award in eInvitation Design (17 December 2018)
- AFCC 2017 Super Short Story Award (April 2017)
- 2D Animation
- Motion Graphic
- Teaching (Trainer, instructor, and facilitator)
Writing stories is partly inspired by my child, and to communicate to children certain aspects of life. Hence, this blog is dedicated to my stories and portfolio.
My designs are suitable for publications such as storybooks and also promotional materials such as posters and booklets.
Prospective clientele might include publishers, educational institutions for the design of their teaching and training curricula.
My commissioned work can be viewed at this link and you are welcome to engage my services for your needs.
Staying passionate and inspired is my main concern for my well-being. My inspiration comes from animals and the environment they live in. For example, a turtle and tortoise embody strong and significant traits that I love, which are patience, perseverance, and strength. A dog represents a loyal nature. The environment that the animals live in is specially designed to fit their nature.